Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Crazy Quilting...

Thought I'd share some of my favorite Crazy Quilt books. These have instructions on how to make a Crazy Quilt. They also have embroidery patterns and many good ideas for embellishing your Crazy Quilt.

The Magic of Crazy Quilting by J. Marsha Michler is an excellent one. The Crazy Quilt Handbook by Judith Baker Montano is another good one. I bought my copies at the Houston Quilt Show, but they can be purchased at Amazon.com.

I am always on the look-out for material to use. I like to use velvets, satins, men's vintage ties, any type of material that might seem "elegant" or unusual. I find remnants at flea markets, yard sales, thrift shops...


Hope you have a great Sunday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to look at some books when I go to the library. Glad you liked the quilts I posted, it was just a drop in the bucket of files I have shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is the quilter in the family...She'd like these!
    Happy Sunday Kathy!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...