Monday, October 24, 2011

Man Cave...

I spent 6 hours at the Chevy House this morning getting my pick-up serviced. I watched two fishing shows, four hunting shows, drank strong coffee, watched a football game (with no idea who was playing) and perused the magazines-Outdoor Life, Texas Parks & Wildlife, Bass Master, Motor Trend, Sports Illustrated...
It was O.K. though, I took my knitting, my purse to clean out, my checkbook to balance, a tablet to write on and my phone to keep me busy. I was "prepared".

I wasn't prepared however, for how educational it would turn out to be. Upon leaving I had learned the "Secret Tactics and Tips to Hunt Public Land", how to "sneak up on a Buck", why I should never go bass fishing without a hefty supply of "Bladed Jigs", the top 17 cars that are going to get my pulse racing in 2012 (can't wait), the "Hunting Forecast", and that spring football is the "other March Madness", but the best tidbit that I gleaned from this experience is the fact that it is a must that I run out immediately and get "Scent Away" spray and accessories because it is going to help me to be invisible on every hunt. Do tell.

After sitting for two hours I learned that for approximately $2,300.00 I could sit four more hours and drive away in a like-new 2006 Chevy Silverado. I opted for $1,400.00, four more hours and an almost like-new 2006 Chevy Silverado and a promise to bring it in every couple of months until I gain the""like-new" status.
Afterwards I stopped at Robertson's and bought a pound of my favorite peppered turkey, came home, made a sandwich and am mulling over whether all the "like-new" status and the "useful education" is worth entering into that "Man-Cave" again.
Have a great week!!!   

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You're too funny sometimes, mom. I loved this post - made me feel like I was in the cave with you.

    -bubba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I once complained to My car fix-it place about the Terrible lack of Woman Entertainment in the waiting room...the Next visit, what do I see? A Women's World magazine...one...Hahahaaa....
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!! Great tips!!! And I LOVE Robertson's! I stop at one in May on my way back from San Antonio!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...