Sunday, January 1, 2012

Deeper Than The Dead...

"His victim would have screamed if she could have."

California, 1984. Four children, running in the woods behind their school, stumble upon a partially buried female body, eyes and mouth glued shut. Close behind the children is their teacher, shocked by this discovery and heartbroken as she witnesses the end of their innocence. What she doesn’t yet realize is that this will mark the end of innocence for an entire community, as the ties that bind families and friends are tested by secrets uncovered in the wake of a serial killer’s escalating activity.~~Goodreads

Author: Tami Hoag
Published: 2010
Purchase: Amazon.com

Review:

I loved some of Tami Hoag's earlier books, but I can only say I liked this one. She left loose ends, didn't keep me guessing long enough and the romance wasn't typical Hoag. I didn't feel like I knew the characters or ever became truly invested in the story, but it moved quickly and kept my interest. Gruesome at times and not much of a "happy ending", but I give it 2 stars for being easy and moving fast. It was worth reading and I plan on reading the next two in this series of three.
Happy Reading and Happy New Year!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...