Tallfeather's and Fuzzy spent the day with me yesterday and got to meet Winnie and Finn for the first time.
They weren't too sure about this...the kids I mean.
But it got better.
and what would a trip to Memaw's this time of year be without pictures in the blueblonnets,
and climbing on the mower?
Too soon the day was over and it was time to go.
This meant more treats for Winnie and Finn,
and grabbing up that last handful of caliche while mom repeats,
in her best motherly voice, "It's time to go!"
We had a nice day. It always reminds me that in our modern, hectic culture kids still need that constant. That part of their life that never changes no matter what happens day-to-day. I needed it when I was a child. When I went and spent weeks in the summers with my grandparents I had no idea they were leaving not only a legacy, but a spiritual legacy as well. As grandparents we have that same opportunity.
I have a bible called "The Grandmother's Bible" and it says we can influence and make a difference in the lives of our grandchildren by being intentional in five areas.
1. Impart the Story-Make certain that they hear about God's greatness, His miracles, and His love and faithfulness.
2. Imprint Their Hearts-Model godly character and a positive attitude. These positive memories will be an anchor to truth in adulthood.
3. Enhance Their Outlook-Create meaningful traditions that send a message that says, "You are loved, valued and special."
4. Impact Their Life-Pray over your grandchildren. In their darkest hours their only hope might be the knowledge that you are praying for them.
5. Empower Their Future-Speak words of support and unconditional love.
paraphrased from The Grandmother's Bible
"Leaving a spirtual legacy for your grandchildren is the greatest inheritance you can pass down... you can be assured that your grandchildren will receive an inheritance that will never fade."~~The Grandmother's Bible
"I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also."
(2 Timothy 1:5)
Have a wonderful & blessed Thursday!!!