Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Movie Review...

Lincoln
 
Lincoln is a 2012 American historical drama directed and produced by Steven Spielberg, starring Daniel Day-Lewis as United States President Abraham Lincoln and Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln. The film is based in part on Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography of Lincoln and covers the final four months of his life, focusing on Lincoln's efforts in January 1865 to have the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution pass the United States House of Representatives.~~Wikipedia
 
Review
Hubby and I went to see Lincoln last Saturday to celebrate his birthday. He loved it! It was approximately 2 1/2 hours long, but seemed less. It was well done, but what Steven Spielberg isn't? Daniel Day-Lewis was superb. The only problem I had was with the slant I felt Hollywood put on it. I was expecting Hollywood to put this slant on it and I wasn't surprised and still enjoyed the overall movie. I give it 4 stars for being a good historical drama. I would watch it again simply to see Daniel Day-Lewis' performance. If you get a chance I recommend it.   
 
Have a great middle of the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...