Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Party's Over...

We had to have an early Christmas party with our kids this year due to some scheduling difficulties. It was my turn to host. Originally I had it planned for December 22, but another family party was scheduled on top of ours and I try to remain flexible. So, between the birth of the new baby, the cruise and three weeks of being sick I almost ran out of time. I have been working non-stop trying to get presents bought and wrapped, Christmas cards mailed, house cleaned (oh my that was a killer), Christmas tree bought and decorated, and groceries purchased and cooked. Since hubby works out of town it all fell to Mwa.

I'll start with the baby. He has finally started to gain some weight and even smile. I was worried about him for awhile. He seemed so scrawny and wiry (hope those are acceptable words when describing ones newborn grandson). Every time I held him I would say, "There's just nothing to him". I was certainly in for a surprise when they arrived Saturday.  There was actually some meat on his little bones and then yesterday my daughter texted this picture of him smiling.
 I can stop worrying and will try to find better adjectives when describing him. Adjectives like precious, sweet, and cute and I may even  get to talk about his baby fat in a month or two.

The cruise was great as usual. We went to Key West and the Bahamas. I chose Key West in order to tour Hemingway's home. Hemingway had six-toed cats. After his death and after turning the home into a tourist attraction they continued to breed the cats. There were six-toed cats everywhere. They were under bushes, in the house, lazing on the porch, and one was even on the bed. We took a walking tour of that area and wound up at Hemingway's favorite hang-out, "Sloppy Joe's". It was a nice vacation.
Two days before the cruise I started getting the dreaded sore-throat. I was sick the entire cruise, and two weeks afterward. Finally went to the doctor. He gave me a Z-pac and some funny looking pills to take for cough. I coughed until my muscles hurt on the cruise, but the minute I got to the doctor's office I felt better. As soon as the sickness left and I got my energy back it was time to start preparing for the party. No time in-between.
I shopped, bought, wrapped, decorated and cooked. They started showing up about noon Saturday. Everything went off with out a hitch. It's amazing how long it takes to prepare and how soon it's all over. I cleaned some Saturday night and Sunday and by Monday was starting to feel a little like a free-spirit again. Today I'm sipping my "warm baudee" (at two my uncle couldn't say coffee), writing this blog and wondering what to do with all this free time. Well, actually I do have that party on the 22nd and my dad's on the 25th, but everything is squared-away, so I'll feel more like a guest and less like a host.
The Three Santa's.

Oh, I mean four.
They passed out the presents and we had another successful Christmas. Zombies seemed to be the sought after gift this year and they were in abundance at our party. And let's not forget Spiderman because what would any party be if "Pidaman" didn't show up.
This was our Christmas Elf that kept popping in and out of every picture we took. (I wouldn't pay the $30 for the one from Target  every one seems to be crazy about this year). I liked mine better anyway.
Even the donkeys got in the Christmas Spirit.
Have a great day and a Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm into my second round of anti-biotics; it ain' fun, is it?

    You have a beautiful family, and it looks like everyone had a great time on Saturday.

    Now, rest and be ready for the next parties!!

    Merry Christmas.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you're feeling Better Girl! Sore throats and coughs are the Worse!
    He's Adorable! Look at that smile...
    You have a Beautiful family Kathy! Now REST!Hahaa
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...