Friday, January 11, 2013

Flat Stanley...

Flat Stanley goes back to school this week. If you aren't familiar with Flat Stanley then let me enlighten you. Flat Stanley is a book written by Jeff Brown in 1964.
Flat Stanley His Original Adventure (His Original Adventure): Jeff ...
Stanley Lambchop and his brother Arthur are given a bulletin board by their dad. Dad hangs it on the wall over Stanley's bed. During the night the board falls, flattening Stanley. Other than being flat Stanley is fine, but with one advantage, he can now visit his friends by being mailed in an envelope.

Teachers use this book as a social studies resource. They have each student color their own Flat Stanley and mail him to friends and relatives asking them to show Stanley a good time, keep a record of his adventures and eventually mail him back to the school.

I received my first Stanley about 14 years ago from my third grade niece, 3 years ago from my 2nd grade grandson, and now from another 2nd grade grandson.

Here are some of Stanley's adventures:

He arrived on October 31st.
He had to go trick-or-treating, of course.
He accompanied us on a cruise and enjoyed suntanning on the beach.
That meant he had to have his own passport.
 
He had a great time with Crazy Hair's PawPaw and MeMaw
and is on his way home to Mrs. Mazza's 2nd grade classroom.
 
I had a great time with him too.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and thanks to my blogging friends for helping me get my pictures posted.

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten all about Flat Stanley! Wow, he sure had a great time with you & hubby; I'll know his Crazy Hair's class & teacher will get a hoot out of him!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...