Friday, April 15, 2011

Texas Wild Fires...

Today I recieved a call from a friend telling me a fire was burning and out of control a few miles from our home. She was on her way to our house and wondered if I wanted her to retrieve anything.  I told her to get four items. A "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt I had made, a red and green quilt my grandmother made for my dad, and two guitars. She was able to find them and put them in her car for safe keeping. She and her daughter then located water hoses and sprinklers and set them out to spray on the house.  The wind was blowing so hard they could hardly function. They returned two more times checking on things. Another friend left a message on our answering machine letting us know that she had heard about the fires and her home was open to us. This kind of generosity never ceases to amaze me. By the time we arrived home some 6 hours later the fire was contained with hotspots being monitored. I think the worst is over...until next time.
I don't worry about it. It is what it is. I put it in God's hands and walk away.
Our town was involved in a wildfire in 2005 and I knew that day that there was nothing in that house I couldn't live without. So as the draught continues I will continue to pray for rain and continue to refuse to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...