Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane...

"...You can have this whole entire life, with all your opinions, your loves, your fears. Eventually those parts of you disappear. And then the people who could remember those parts of you disappear, and before long, all that's left is your name in some ledger.''


The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane

tells the story of  Connie, a Harvard Graduate student who is preparing to put her deceased grandmother’s house on the market. In the process she finds a key and a note inside an old Bible. The note has a women's name on it, thus begins the mystery. The book shifts between 1991 Marblehead, Massachusetts and late 17th century Salem.
 
Author: Katherine Howe
Published: 2009
Purchase at: Amazon.com 

My Review:

I enjoyed the plot of this book, but the writing was weak. To tell you some of the things I didn't like about it would spoil it, so I will just say that it was predictable and contrived at times, but also very entertaining. I give it four stars for being a nice, easy, entertaining read. In spite of it's many flaws I couldn't put it down.
Happy Reading!!!   

1 comment:

  1. "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" sit on my table for a week before I finally picked it up to read. From page one I was hooked. Once I read it all the way through - i could not put this novel down... I was so disappointed with myself that I had let so much time slip away before reading this book. I wrote some friends and told them about this new author. They immediately went out and purchased the book. The reviews are in and they're all positive. Once I told everyone about this book - I reread it. I feel like the author makes the possibilities seem endless. Thank you Katherine Howe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...