Sunday, November 13, 2011

Unexpected Events Make An Eventful Week...


I hope this week turns out to be a little less eventful than last week. As most of you know Hubby came home last week and brought Crazy Hair with him. We had a delightful weekend filled with homemade pizza, Root Beer floats, movies, snacks, reading, and a giant box that Crazy Hair wanted to spend the night in.

The big box is the reason for my story. The big box was delivered on Friday afternoon about 3:00. Inside the box was a very large, very heavy Bar-B-Que grill. It was supposed to be a Father's Day present for Hubby, but it took him until now to figure out exactly which grill he wanted. I finally convinced him he needed to figure it out and get it ordered because his birthday, anniversary and Christmas are all coming up in that order.

He arrived home Friday night and immediately began putting the grill together. By the time he completed it several hours later his back was hurting so bad he could barely walk. The rest of the weekend he took Hydrocodone and stayed in bed. He couldn't walk, sit or stand. By Monday it was obvious it wasn't getting better. I called the doctor and he ordered a Cortisone injection for Tuesday. This is not Hubby's "first rodeo". He has had two back surgeries, and previous injections. You would think he would learn, but do men ever learn? I kept telling him not to pick up those heavy pieces.

O.K. rest of story. I took him to Dallas Monday night, stayed in a motel,  and went to the doctor Tuesday morning where he received the injection.
Wednesday we stayed in Fort Worth and had supper with my dad at Cracker Barrel. I planned on leaving for home Thursday. Thursday morning Dad called. He thought he was having a heart attack. I took him to the ER where we spent 6 hours before they decided to admit him and another 6 hours before I left him there in good hands.

Friday morning I went back to the hospital until 1:00pm at which time I left for home leaving Dad in sister's capable hands. He is now home from the hospital and doing well. Hubby is going to try to go back to work in the morning. All is well. I just hope this week isn't as eventful as last week.

Have a great week!! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy!! Why won't they Listen!!
    Nice grill though!
    Praying for an UNeventful week for us all!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! It would have been cheaper AND easier to pay the $25 to have the grill assembled and be done with it! Glad to hear your dad is okay, and hope your husband is coming along okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well goodness!!.. I hope that is one amazing grill after all that!! :) Glad he is feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...