Sunday, January 26, 2014

Antiquing Again...

My friends and I went antiquing again this past Wednesday. It was nine and a half hours of rummaging paradise.
I snagged a Case pocketknife, literally from the box of an old man that had come in to sell a few things to the dealer.

Then for nearly two hours we sifted through the contents of an old tub full of thousands upon thousands of buttons and broken costume jewelry (to be used for a future craft project).
A sampling of my treasure trove.
 This print called my name the first time I laid eyes on it on January 9th. I couldn't get it out of my mind, so when I went back I was on a mission. I talked the lady into keeping the ugly frame it was in and selling it to me for half the original price. My friend named him Samuel. I think that's a proper name, don't you. The real secret is, I would have paid full price. I mean who could pass up that adorable little face?

Last but not least, I added to my sock monkey collection.
Meet Mr. & Mrs. Sock Monkey.
Our time was well spent.
Have a great week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd say you did really well. LOVE the pic of the little boy; yes, his smile is contagious!

    I really need to get back to doing some kind of crafts; I miss it but can't seem to find my lost creativity. :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting post that I enjoyed reading.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...