Friday, December 18, 2015

Meet Inka And Piper...

I have had them for about eight years. They are now eight and ten. The oldest one, Piper, is starting to have problems. I took her to the vet thinking it might be diabetes. The testing was inconclusive.
She wasn't really overweight, but the vet thought it might help if I cut back on her food, so I did and she immediately lost weight. I can now clearly see the shape of her spine and ribs and even though I have begun to feed her more than ever, she can't seem to gain. She seems healthy as far as her personality goes, but seems to be wasting away.
 L to R, Inka and Piper
Inka normally weighs about 2 lbs. and Piper can be anywhere from 7 to 10 lbs. Since this might well be the beginning of the end, I have taken to spoiling her a bit lately. Monday night while Christmas shopping I bought her a huge, nasty looking, hog femur. She loves it. It is the worst smelling thing I think I have ever smelled, but poor Piper, she has been such a good dog, so for now, I will sit in my chair, and watch T. V. and pretend a pork roast is cooking in the oven and that I am enjoying the aroma of her tasty snack.
Hope you have a great weekend!!!!
 


3 comments:

  1. They're both so cute! I'm sorry Piper is having problems, though. And, you're doing what you can. I know this must be difficult.

    If I don't see you again, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sally and Merry Christmas to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...