Monday, May 9, 2011

A Work in Progress...

Here's how it all started. One day I was mentioning these old trailers people buy to restore and how I thought it was pretty cool. A friend spoke up and said she had one that had been sitting in her barn since 1985. Now I am either a procrastinator or a heavy thinker, call it what you like, but six years later I called her and to my surprise she still had it. One week later it was sitting in my yard. I immediately named her Maybelle and began cleaning up what squirrels had called home for 25 years.

Sitting in Barbara's barn.

The trip home.
 
I called my daughter to tell her about this huge project I was undertaking. She called me back later that night with an offer from her husband. If I would keep "Little Fuzzy" for him he would restore Maybelle. O.K., now that didn't quite compute in my brain. I get to keep sweet, darling little grand baby while he restores my trailer. Oh well, as you can imagine I jumped at the opportunity.
She is now over half-way complete. I talked to the upholstery shop today. The seats will be ready next week. Can't wait to decorate and take her on her maiden voyage.
 
A work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, I love getting new followers and your comments are very welcome. Thanks.
    I can't wait to see the pictures of your "Maybelle" restored.
    Good Luck!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...